If your electrical system isn’t up to date, it could cause more frequent breakdowns, waste money, shock you, and put your home at a greater fire risk than you might think.
If you’re concerned about the state of your electrical system, the experts at Dwellness can help you diagnose any potential issues and fix them before they become a problem. We can help install an electrical capacity upgrade or new outlets, replace a fuse box, check your circuit breaker panel, or even re-wire your entire home if that’s what it takes.
Unsure if you even need an electrical upgrade? We can help answer that too:
While safety is always important, there are several benefits to upgrading your home’s electrical system. Getting an upgrade can also help with:
- Energy Efficiency: Modern systems are far more efficient, providing you with safe, reliable power that costs you less.
- Capacity: Only a few decades ago, the average home needed about 60 amps to cover all of it’s needs. Homes today, however, tend to require around 150 to 200 amps, so systems that have gone years without an upgrade can cause all sorts of expensive and potentially dangerous problems.
- Convenience: Outdated systems tend to have more outlets than you need, in addition to problems like having the wrong number of prongs or not being GFCI. Updating your electrical system ensures that it meets all of your current needs.
- Applications: If you want to install a new system into your home’s electrical wiring, such as a garage door, outdoor lighting system, or an unfinished basement, then expanding your wiring coverage can ensure each new appliance is receiving the power it needs.
- Resale value: Homes with modern electrical systems reduce risk and can help raise the resale value of your home.
If you can’t remember when you last had your wiring inspected, then it’s always a good idea to have an expert take a look. A trained electrician can tell you whether your wiring, fuse box, or circuit breaker are too old and whether they are working as effectively as they could.
Of course, there are some obvious issues that can indicate you need electrical help. It may be time to call for an inspection if you notice any of the following:
- Outlets spark, melt, overheat, etc.
- You get a tingling sensation when touching an outlet
- Your lights frequently flicker or dim
- Your circuit breaker panel trips
- Your fuse box blows frequently
- Outlets, rooms, or appliances have a burning smell
- Your kitchen, bathroom, pool, or other wet places have non-GFCI outlets
- You don’t have enough outlets
For over 36 years, Dwellness has been providing electrical help for countless local homeowners in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our experts are the fastest in town, arriving right on schedule virtually every time. We also handle more than just wiring and electricity, and over 60% of our first-time customers end up calling us for other needs like plumbing and HVAC help.
Whether you know you need help or just have questions, our experts are available seven days a week from Monday-Friday 7AM to 11PM and Saturday & Sunday 8AM to 4PM. Simply fill out the “Request Service Now” form to the left or call 702-641-8888 to get started, and we’ll help you find and fix whatever electrical problem you may have.